Offshore Gippsland Basin - Exploration Permit - Vic/P47
- Oil Basins Limited (OBL) holds 100% of Vic/P47 and is the operator.
- Vic/P47 is located in the offshore Gippsland Basin, Bass Strait, South East Australia.
- The Gippsland Basins is Australia’s premier oil province and major gas producer. The Basins is home to the Patricia Balenne (gas), Longtom (gas/condensate), Kipper (gas/oil) and Tuna (gas / oil) permits.
- Vic/P47 permit area is approximately 202km2, containing the Judith and Moby conventional gas fields.
- Two-gas discovery well have been drilled, Judith-1 and Moby-1. Judith-1 was drilled by Shell in 1989 (22km from Longtom gas field). Moby-1 was drilled by Bass Strait Oil in 2004.
- The fields have an estimated gross combined 2C and P50 Recoverable Resource of 100 to 150 Bcf PRMS SPE (plus Moby 30Bcf GIIP under evaluation).
- Vic/P47 is within km’s of east coast gas pipelines (Patricia Baleen and Kipper)
- OBL is currently undertaking the following work:
- Seismic reprocessing
- Geological and Geophysical Studies;
- QI/AVO study;
- Faulty seal analysis.